Thursday, October 23, 2008

Strobing His Stuff

Like a kid in a candy store, my husband pranced...dare I say *pranced* across our kitchen floor when he arrived home from work just the other day bearing a small box. The box appeared to house some kind of electronic/man tool/boring thing.



I heeded no concern.

However, hubbie continued to look extraordinarily excited. I wonder at this point - should I be worried?

When he finally set the mysterious box on the counter, I picked it up to get a better look, and to see what all of his excitement was about.

Do you know what it was?


A strobe light.

My husband made a special trip to the hardware store, to buy a strobe light.

What are we hosting a kiddy dance for all the 2, 3, and 4 year-olds in the neighborhood that I don't know about (I don't recall being informed about this monumental event.)


Then, I realize - ahhh, it's almost Halloween!! That's why he got the light. That makes sense, he wants to set the Halloween mood for when the 1...maybe 2 trick-or-treaters come. Oh wait, we won't be home!

What is this silly forsaken thing for anyway, I wonder?

So I ask. Trying not to sound annoyed that he spent money on something frivolous, or concerned about his mental state.

Me: "Dear, why did you buy a strobe light?"

Hubbie: "Just cause."

Me: "Cause....why?" I say, smiling.

Hubbie: "It's Halloween, don't you know."

Me: "Oh I know, well that's great! So why did you buy it?"

Hubbie: "Okay, well when I was younger these babies cost like 100 bucks, and it was on sale, and I always wanted one."

Me: Trying not to laugh my buns off at how geekishly corny, cute he is.

I shake my head, and continue about my business.

Well, I tell you there was so recapitulating of the good Ol' days because of that strobe light, no Sir. No heart felt fond memories of the yesteryear's.

He did not buy it because he always wanted one. As I saw later from my view laying in bed, with my naked hovering husband jiggling, and wiggling his buns in the blinking light - he bought it because he always wanted to dance in the light of a strobe light naked, in front of a woman.

I feel so lucky - Hehum to be that woman. Now turn off the light so you don't fall down, and break something, and so I don't feel like the world is spinning.

This is the good stuff that memories together are made of. This is right up there with the liquorice butt.


Sincerely,

Mama of Romance
xoxo

If you like Sex Diaries of a Mom, subscribe to this Sexiness.
Subscribe in a reader





16 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG - I am cracking up laughing over here. I cannot believe your husband was shaking his buns with the strobe light. There is a song "strobe light honey" and I guess that is who he wanted to be. How sweet. I think?

Evolving Mommy Catherine said...

One word: Hilarious!

Straight to Your Hart said...

LOL...Note to self..mine is going through a mid-life crisis...get strobe light!! You gotta love how their brains work...simple..now you NEED the disco ball to go along with it..just remember to lock your door or wherever romance takes you..that would totally traumatize my kids!!

Michael Horvath said...

Hmmm, Just keep it down or everytime the neighbors see the strobe light through the window ya know they're gonna be talkin'.

Last summer I left the backdoor to the screen porch open to catch a cool breeze. The neighbors were having a big outdoor party (about 50 people) Well Love of My Life and I decided to have a session and I didn't realize that I left the door open until we got a huge round of applause right after I got Girlfriend off. Yup, she can be a bit vocal. lol

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

Strobe lights--niiiiiice! Oh, hold up--let me shut this down, before MY husband gets some ideas... tee hee!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Whatever it takes to keep it going, right? Channel that inner Saturday Night Live girl!

Ann Harrison said...

Oh my God, the Licorice Butt! I forgot.
You're one lucky lady!

Renee Simmons said...

Oh my goodness! I am cracking up! I can just imagine that picture! Thanks for sharing the giggles with us!

Missives From Suburbia said...

Oh, that is awesome!!

Just found your blog via TwitterMoms. You've just won yourself another loyal reader.

ELLIE said...

OMG - this is hilarious - just too too funny!!!
I needed that laugh - thanks
-Ellie
(from twittermoms)

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy said...

Oh, that is too funny! I can't wait to hear about the first time you use it...you better blog about it girl!

iheartbowheads.blogspot.com said...

too funny!

:)

Holly

Anonymous said...

Ok I was reading this post at work. There are 6-8 "cubbies" in my area and I am seriously busting out laughing. Now everyone at work no longer has to wonder IF I'm crazy...as far as they are concerned, I just proved it by laughing insanely...by myself. LOL. GREAT POST!

Dee said...

HAHAHAHA That is sooo funny!

A little bit of this and that.... said...

awwww,...that's cute. This reminds me a few years ago I bought a how-to video (Strip Tease)....I had the sexy skimpy outfit, and was doing my video,...but when I tried to kick it up a notch and do it in heels I busted my ass....literally....can you imagine?

SHW said...

Did it come with a warning label? Could cause strokes or midlife crisis in middle aged men. Maybe they are the same thing. Very funny post!