Friday, August 8, 2008

You Wouldn't Understand, Your Nipples Are Just Ornaments

When I was pregnant, my breasts, and nipples become very tender. Now, some women at that point apparently enjoy their partners touching them, but some, including myself found it to be completely intolerable.

After baby came, I nursed, and I protected my breasts, because in my mind, my breast milk was like LIQUID GOLD for my baby.

Other than that, I don't know why exactly I protected my breasts. I did so completely automatically, by instinct, and couldn't stop myself from protecting them like they were central to my baby's survival.

I know that if for WHATEVER reason my husband thought that he might cop-a-feel, or even look at my breasts side-ways, that I was prepared for a battle in which he would wind up with the purple nipples, and not me.

Afterall, his nipples are just ornaments. Why do men have nipples anyway?

Looking back, I can only imagine how scary I must have looked as I growled, and grimaced at him, signaling him to back off, like one of those scary women on a horror flick.

Let's just say that for the first several months, baby became the sole share holder of "Breast Enterprises."

I felt I had due cause to be so protective though. Afterall, it had been extremely difficult to nurse at first. Latching on was a really big challenge. After weeks of bleeding nipples, and excruciating pain, I was almost on the verge of giving up.

I never knew that I would have blisters on my breasts, never in my life.

Thank goodness for that yellow goo!

Just to reassure other new Moms out there, nursing did get better, and with all of my other children, breast-feeding became a walk in the park.

I am so thankful though that I was able to nurse, and I have no regrets.

It was more than four months before my baby was completely established at latching on correctly, nursed properly, and that for me nursing began to feel natural at all.

Once I finally became a little more relaxed about everything: motherhood, nursing, and getting back into the routine of having a love life, I was considering allowing my husband access to two of his favorite play toys again.

That notion was forgotten completely however after he groped my breasts just too much, and kept bugging me to drink my breastmilk.

No more breasts for you.

Now, I'm not sure if I am the only woman out there who has found herself in this situation, but l just couldn't hack being poked, and proded so much.

I mean, come on! Baby just nursed, and nursed, and nursed, and now you, a grown man wants to pull, and play with these breast too!? I think not.

Truth be told, I was even a little disgusted at the thought of my husband drinking my breastmilk, and I wasn't willing to share. Although admitedly, I allowed him to a time or two hoping that he would find it gross, and not want any more.

I was wrong.

Enough booby talk. Three kids later, and I'm still sensitive about this area of my body, and reluctant to give my husband full access.

I feel bad for him at times, and I do try to remind myself how much he enjoys them, but it's going to happen gradually I think.

That leaves me with a final question:

Are you protective of your breasts? I am.

Sincerely,

xoxo

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

10 comments:

Boot-Camp Diva said...

Your title made me look...lol. My babies are 5 & 7 now and I still block them. I dont mind him touching them but I cant handle it with just a quick touch...tooo sensitive! It's like if we went up to them and pinched their nose! Great post!

Rachel said...

Great post -- and yes, I'm right there with you on this one.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Thank goodness I am not the only one who feels this way. It's almost a turn off rather than a turn on if he touches them to much.

1001 Petals said...

To me, breasts are completely non-sexual now. They are for baby's needs and hers alone. Thank goodness my husband also sees them in the exact same way.

The Mom said...

Thank you Carmel - haha made you look! ;) Glad that you liked the post!

Thanks also Rachel for your input!

And, Stacey - I'm sure there are so many more of us out there that feel this way.

And, 1001Petals...thank you :)

Mad Scientist Society said...

LOL The hilarious title roped me into reading thru this one. I have 2 sons (4 & 6) that both breastfed. My hubby was the same way about breasts... The fact that they were oozing baby food didn't phase him in the slightest. Anyway, my breastfeeding experience doesn't sound anything like yours - my boys never caused any pain to the area.. and I never grew overly sensitive or protective. Lucky hubby, I guess LOL.

Anonymous said...

Yup! I totally agree....

The Mom said...

Thank you Candy for your contribution to this post!

Sex Diaries of a Mom

The Mom said...

Thank you PH D in Parenting! Your blog btw is great, very informative!

Sex Diaries of a Mom

JenEverAfter said...

They are free game -- unless I'm breastfeeding. During those first six months of our babies life, he had zero access to the juice bar. It just grossed me out. Thank goodness he didn't want to drink any! Sometimes it's great having Hank Hill (from King of the Hill) as a hubby!