Monday, September 8, 2008

Just What The Doctor Ordered

I was listening to a workshop called Change Your Brain, Change Your Life done by Dr. Daniel Amen, who is an expert on the human brain.

It's rather funny actually. It came on television between Mr. Rogers, and The Reading Rainbow. Who would have thought that myself, and my children would become so educated on the subject of the human brain while watching children's television?!

As I was cleaning up the house, okay - I was blogging!, and listening to it in the background, I picked up on something that struck me as funny.

Dr. Amen said that one of his patients had a wife that was always responding negatively to anything that the husband suggested.

So, the husband would ask. "Will you come to the store with me?"

The wife would respond. "No, don't you know how busy I am?"

So Dr. Amen recommended that he use a negative approach.

For example "I'm going to the store, but you probably don't want to come."

Naturally, she would respond. "I absolutely do, why wouldn't I? Don't you know that it's important to me to spend time with you?"

Dr. Amen proceeded to explain how exercise, good nutrition, and limiting your exposure to toxins, alcohol, and drugs can help to improve the health of your brain as well.

However, the husband explained that he was pleased with the results except for one remaining issue. How could he use this negative approach when it comes to his wife not wanting to have sex?

He couldn't exactly say "Dear I'm going to have sex, but I'm sure that you don't want to come."

So, Dr. Amen recommended that he go on a nice romantic walk with her (exercise), then give her a piece of dark chocolate (because it stimulates the brain to thinking that something exciting is going to happen), and that he touch her indirectly (not on the breasts, buttocks, or privates.)

Lastly, he recommended that the husband put a dab of baby powder behind his ears.

Why?

Because unconsciously, women are drawn to the smell of baby powder. It's apparently sexually stimulating for women because women associate the smell with fresh, newborn babies. Naturally, women want to have a baby, and therefore they will become sexual aroused at the smell.

I am sorry, but I burst out laughing as I imagined all of the husbands, boyfriends, etc. out there who were watching this program, as they ran to the bathroom to douse themselves in baby powder in order to get lucky!

White powder coated men, prancing around in my head, drooling in anticipation of having sex.

Can't wait until my husband gets home, to let him know about this little secret that could possibly be the answer to our problems in the bedroom, haha.


Sincerely,

Mama of Romance
xoxo

If you like Sex Diaries of a Mom, subscribe to this Sexiness.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Dear I'm going to have sex, but I'm sure that you don't want to come."

LMAO! You have to tell me - was that pun intended?! ;)

Seriously, though, I am going to forward this post to MY Hubz so he could get a clue. Those were some GREAT tips!

But OMG - if he tries the baby powder thing, I don't think I'd be able to stifle the giggles.

Come to think of it? I wouldn't put it past him.

P.S. This was my 1st visit - LOVE your blog!!

t said...

I have an award for you over at my blog :)

JenEverAfter said...

All I know is, right now, the last thing I want to think about are babies! Would love to see what the wife did!

Keely said...

What does it say about me that I hate the smell of baby powder...?

Mrs. Buck said...

very interesting...and very interesting that this came on between Mr. Rogers and the Reading Rainbow...does anyone else find that just the slightest bit creepy?

Straight to Your Hart said...

Have to agree with Mrs. buck..Baby powder bEhinD the ears...yes I like the smell but it does not invoke the grrarr out of me..hence behind..lol,,in order to change my brain, i'd have to use it and right now??? JK..It is very important to look at how we view things...thanks for the post!

The Mom said...

Mamma Dawg...I'm glad that you foun it soo funny! I burst out laughing when I heard it as well. I told my husband, and he was all raring to get doused! Men...will fall for anything if it has to do with sex. Thanks for you input! ;)

Cheryl...Thank you so much Cheryl!

Jennifer...No kidding...my in-laws are driving me nuts because my youngest is now 11 mths old. Asking, so when are you two going to have another? Like 3 isn't enough!?

Keely...no kidding! I was all or the talk, until he gave this recommendation, talk about an old wives tale - except coming from a supposed Dr.

Mrs. Buck...I know, I couldn't believe it, good thing I pay attention to whats on the TV. Thanks for your input!

Melanie...lol, jeepers, maybe we should get together with KY massage oil, and have them patent a new baby powder smelling body oil - we'd be rich! haha.

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

ROFL! Hysterical... now, um, excuse me while I go hide the powders...

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy said...

Oh, that is too funny! I love how this doctor recommends not approaching WHY the wife always responds negatively but to act in a passive aggressive manner instead, to manipulate her into giving him the answer he wants!

Bob and Jenn Peacock said...

LMAO! I can totally see my husband trying something like this!

Chantele said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and love it! I also find it very troubling that this was televised between Mr. Rogers and the Reading Rainbow. Does this mean that all little boys are going to grow up thinking they need to put baby powder behind their ears to attract girls? LOL! Now, if we all see white stuff behind our sons ears we will all know where this knowledge came from. I can hear it now "Mom, do we have any baby powder?" LOL!

Aleta said...

LMAO - Loved the baby powder part. I don't know if I want my man to smell like a baby. *still laughing*