Friday, October 17, 2008

Caution If You Dare Do It In Public

In Dubai, a popular tourist destination for Britains, a couple have been charged, and sentenced to 3 months in jail for having sex on a public beach according to Yahoo news.

I read the article however, and to my surprise, they were in fact not charged for having sex, but for kissing, etc (which is deemed an indecent act in public in Dubai.)

Dubai is a Muslim region, and according to their laws, it is illegal to perform "indecent acts" such as making out in public. The act of sex out of wedlock is against their laws entirely - in, and out of public.

Whether or not the couple actually had sex is inconclusive.

Reportedly, one of them admitted to having sex on the beach, but then later changed their story. The couple had been drinking heavily apparently.

If this couple had been charged for sex out of wedlock the sentence could have been up to 1 year in prison, plus 3 months for the indecent act.

Their sentence was thought to be light, and there is a chance that both parties in this legal matter may appeal.

What a way to pop your holiday bubble!

One of the first trips that my husband, and I made together was to an exotic place where we did make love on a beach. It was 5 o'clock in the morning, the sun was rising, and no one could be found.

It was just the two of us, the sound of the waves crashing in, sand against our skin, and the smell of the ocean.

We had been staying at a resort, nearly all of the people that were there stayed up extremely late to drink, and party each night.

So, the resort was close to vacant in the early mornings.

The thought had never, in a million years crossed my husband's, or my mind that we might get arrested, or thrown in jail for our little act of love. Now knowing what this couple went through (not that I have sex on public beaches often - I barely make it out of my pajamas, let alone my house now that I'm a Mom of 3), but I am inclined to in future proceed with extreme caution when visiting other countries.

If you're going any where with your partner, it is well advised to look into some of their countries laws, and regulations before you have sex in public, do anything that might be deemed "indecent," or do anything at all - because you never know.


Sincerely,

Mama of Romance
xoxo

If you like Sex Diaries of a Mom, subscribe to this Sexiness.
Subscribe in a reader

5 comments:

t said...

I think I will just stay in the country. Will have to check on the state laws, though. Years ago I HAD sex on the beach and it was the worst experience of my life. Not just the guy I was dating at the time but the sand...need I say more. The whole thing is overly romanticized...I love my bed.

Unknown said...

i never had sex on a beach. the whole thought of getting sand in my hoo-haa doesn't appeal to me. i'll stay in my nice clean bed, thankyouverymuch! LOL!

Dee said...

HAHA..a BIT ditto to Kelly!

Sandi said...

I actually did read that story. I heard they had met hours before in a bar and then went and had sex on the beach. Who knows what is true. I think a lot of lies are made up to prosecute people...especially to women who are so mistreated in some countries. =/

Straight to Your Hart said...

Knowing what the laws are...Priceless!! Nothing like romance ALONE on a beach with the sun rising!!