Sunday, November 30, 2008

If I'm Not Pregnant, I'm Out of My Mind

Alright Ladies, and Gentlemen, I think - I THINK that I am pregnant. After having 3 children to date, you'd think that I would just know.

And, after just recently taking 4 pregnancy tests, if I'm not pregnant, I swear that I'm losing my mind.

The symptoms:

Cravings of abnormally fatty foods that I seem willing to fight my 2 year-old for, inclination to clean like a mad woman and finish all the jobs that I've started, an enormous gut that appears to either be brought on by years of drinking beer (I hate beer) - OR a little wee baby growing inside of me, pants too tight, insatiable urge to pee, uncomfortable when trying to sleep, either really happy - OR really sad and can't stop crying, easily agitated, and the list goes on of all the little quirks that I've been feeling.

The results of my 4 pregnancy tests by the way have been a clear "-" which if you have ever taken one, you'll know means that I am NOT pregnant. Except....1 of them, it was the 3rd one that I took....there was an itty bitty, faint "" symbol behind the "-" that was almost completely indiscernible. Now I faithfully read the instructions, and they claim that even the faintest mark of a "+" means that you're pregnant, even if one of the lines is substantially fainter than the other one.

I tell you, all this anticipation, and uncertainty are driving me nuts. Really, I just want to know already.

I normally get my period tomorrow - the very first of the month, but no signs that it is coming as of yet. I realize that all these symptoms seem to be coming early - but everything seems to happen sooner as far as I'm concerned after the more kids you have.

So, here I am. Pregnant, maybe, maybe not, maybe. If only I had a field of daisies to pluck the pedals out of to buy some time. I'm twiddling my thumbs, oh my gosh you have no idea!!!

So here's the thing. In the past 2 days I have made an ENTIRE quilt to pass the time (actually to keep my mind completely off of the pregnancy subject), I've done 26 loads of laundry, changed 5 beds, vacuumed, done 7 loads of dishes, you get the point, baked 2 batches of chocolate cookies, and even made homemade pizza.

But, alas, I guess I'm brought to one conclusion - that only time will tell, and I most certainly do not want to get my hopes up.

Last thing that I wanted to say: that I feel a real urge to be honest right here, right now. I do not like mean people, at all. And, I want to say (because this is my blog, and I can say whatever I feel like) that if you are going to be mean when you comment, don't bother. You're wasting your breath, and I won't waste my time acknowledging you. I figure that mean people must be bored, or sad. I don't have the time in my life to be either, in fact I love all the people that I've met thus far blogging, and enjoy sharing my little bit of my life with the world, no matter how crazy it is sometimes. So get lost all of you mean people, and write a blog won't you! It's a great way to vent, in your own domain, literally.



Sincerely,

Mama of Romance
xoxo

If you like Sex Diaries of a Mom, subscribe to this Sexiness.

Subscribe in a reader

19 comments:

iheartbowheads.blogspot.com said...

Fingers crossed for you. ;)

Who has been mean to you? I hate that you have had people be mean to you! People should not be mean - that should be a rule.

:)

Holly

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

High Hopes for a +!!

Evolving Mommy Catherine said...

They say you can get a false negative but not a false positive so just give it more time, maybe a couple a days. I'll kep my fingers crossed for you!

Sandi said...

Who is being mean to you? I will send them a nasty email!

I love you and your little family and hope so much for a little plus sign tomorrow.

I know just how you feel. I pee on more sticks than any human should. I bet I have peed on $500 dollars worth of plastic in my reproductive life! That is pathetic!

Please keep us posted. I can't wait to hear either way. and remember there is always next month!

Deb@Mommie Mayhem said...

Sending +++++++ vibes your way !!

Gayle said...

Yeah, mean commenters suck. I'm breathless with anticipation for you. Thanks for taking us along for the ride. Hoping you DO NOT have your period tomorrow and the plus sign is strong!

April said...

I hope you are pregnant. What a great early Xmas present that would be. Also, mean people suck!

Kate said...

I hope you get that positive soon!!! I went insane with pregnancy tests... bought them in bulk. i think it took about 10 before i got a less than ultra-faint positive with this pregnancy. Bulk test are good!!!

Mommy In Pink said...

Well good luck to you! Hopefully you'll get your wish!

Green said...

Wishing you perfect results.

NHmommy said...

think positive! I will!

Wendy said...

thinking baby thoughts for you and if you're not, then you got lots of tasks accomplished so that you can spend your free time trying again.

Unknown said...

Mean people DO suck! So sorry they're out there.

But sending you lots of +++++ vibes! My fingers are crossed for you! Keep peeing on those sticks, lol!!

Fantastic Figments said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog this is awesome I tend to say the unspoken (I wish i could more in my blog though).


I hope the outcome is whatever will make you happy! That is exciting. Those darn preggers tests never seem to work right!

GOOD LUCK!

Smooches,
Steph

Anonymous said...

I know I don't personally know you, but just know that I am also waiting very anxiously to see if you will soon have a baby on the way. I'll think of bottles and diapers hoping that that somehow gives you what you need. Good luck!

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy said...

Baby dust to you!!

And send those meanies my way and I will KICK THEIR ASSES!!

Stephanie said...

Good luck!! I'll be thinking positive for you! Hang in there and let us know as soon as you find out!

Rhonda said...

I used to do preg tests at my old clinic for many years. If you are seeing even a slight vertical line, then you would in fact be pregnant. You can't have a false positive.

I'm just sayin'...

Good luck!!

Straight to Your Hart said...

I hope..I hope..I hope!!

Amen to the last paragraph...

Also..if you need to keep buying pregnancy tests..The Dollar store has them...they are the same ones hospitals use!!