Friday, November 21, 2008

Fire in My Panties

So this is how it went....


I was awake for 3 full hours in the middle of the night, my 2 year-old decided that he no matter what did not want to stay in his bed.

The only reason I kept trying to put him back to bed was because I was afraid that he might fall down the stairs since he was half-asleep.

After a long, and stressful night, I groggily woke because I had to. My 2 other little ones were wide awake at sunrise, and needed me.

I didn't manage to get everyone out of their pajamas, or myself for that matter, but we all did get some breakfast just before my husband was about to leave for work.


He wasn't quite ready to leave just yet, and he asked me, "is there anything I can do for you Sweetheart? Anything at all?" He seemed to be reluctant to go.


"YES! - if you're going to hang around for a bit, you could please look after the kids for just a half hour so I can get some rest, my head feels like it's going to explode." I plea.


"Sure!" He says.


I'm just tingling with excitement, and love for my husband. What a great guy!

"How about we go back to bed, make love, and then I'll watch the kids?" He continues.

"Well that sounds perfect minus the making love part, someone has to watch the kids." I say.


"Oh, well, I have to get going anyway." He says.


"Well, what about my nap!?" I ask, feeling totally misled, and unimportant.


"I don't actually have time." He says.


No time!?? What happened to his generous offer just seconds earlier, oh wait, I know as soon as sex was taken out of the equation, my Dear husband ran out of time. Well thanks, thanks a lot.

I spent the day in my pajamas, with a frown on my face, feeling so tired that I felt like someone had just pumbled me, and squashed my head between 2 bricks. I thought, "wait until he needs a favor from me! Sure Honey, I'll give you a great big bj, but first.....oh wait, I forgot I don't have any time!"


Sincerely,

Mama of Romance
xoxo

If you like Sex Diaries of a Mom, subscribe to this Sexiness.
Subscribe in a reader

17 comments:

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy said...

Men! Couldn't you just strangle them sometimes? I could!

A.V.A said...

This post has my husband written ALL OVER IT! We will get in bed, he will start to rub my back so so good. He then asks what his chances are. I will say not good I'm exhausted, and this ends to massage session before I can even finish my sentence. ARSE!

NHmommy said...

this is exactly what my husband does...makes me not want to go to bed sometimes..damn them all

Unknown said...

Ugh! As a mom to a sleep-challenged 20 month old, I feel the pain! And would feel JUST how you're feeling now. The nerve...

April said...

Hubby did that once and I jumped all over him (not a good day to pull that crap). He hasn't done it since.

Hannah said...

Wow.. I'm getting married in 6 months. Should I make my future hubby sign some sort of contract saying that he won't do this? Is he naturally expected to do this? oh dear.

emilytpa said...

you really know how to pick them... sounds like a great guy!

Liza said...

hehe, I love your ending! So something I would do!!

Sandi said...

oh what is it about men? They can fool us when they think they are getting some. My hubby doesn't seem to understand sometimes that it's things like this that are a turn off to me. I remember it. I hold onto it....and later he doesn't get any again because of it. LOL So he loses twice. hee hee

Anonymous said...

Yep sounds about right! Hope you get that make-up sleep:)
Look at you congrats on success...can I say I knew you when?

JenEverAfter said...

Big jerk! Sometimes hubbies just don't get it!

Activities@home said...

He deserved a hit back.... so go girl don't make time for him coz you need to sleep.

Mel said...

Cheeky bugger!!!

Mominator said...

We all know men suck sometimes....and other times...not SOOO much. :)

Diva Ma @ Mommy Fabulous said...

Welcome to my world.... Everyday!

ImitationAngel said...

How nice of him. Karma has a bit of payback coming with his name on it.

Ari from ParentalInstincts.com said...

Timing is pretty tricky when you have little kids (but truthfully, that was a pretty rotten thing to do)!